It is always great when 2 churches can share space. it is even better when the 2 churches can share people & stories.
On Sunday October 14th, 2018, St. John’s and The Commons will be doing a pulpit swap. Though lets be honest, The Commons doesn’t own a pulpit. but we do have a couple music stands and lots of love for our friends at St. John’s. Regardless of which church uses a literal pulpit, the idea is about sharing stories with each other about how each unique community is trying to follow Jesus.
- 10am – St. John’s Worship Service
Guest Teacher: Randy from The Commons
- 4:30pm – The Commons’ Worship Gathering
Guest Teacher: Chun from St. John’s
St. John’s Lutheran Church, 104 Hughson St. N. Hamilton, ON, L8R 1C6
(Corner of Wilson & Hughson). St. John’s meets upstairs in the sanctuary, and The Commons meets downstairs in the community room.
The Commons has found a new home and will be sharing space with St. John’s Lutheran Church on the corner of Wilson & Hughson starting on Sunday September 9th. We really value a space where we can be creative so we will be using St. John’s Community Room below the sanctuary. We see a lot of potential in this space but we could use a little help to make it work for our Worship Gatherings.
Out goal is to raise $1600 by the end of September. The two big purchases we are looking at are:
- LIGHTS: We want to string cafe style patio lights in the center of the room as a focal point to create a welcoming environment and to emphasis that church is not a performance but rather a gathering of people.
- PORTABLE SOUND SYSTEM: We are looking at purchasing an all in one Bose tower system that is very easy to use and functions as both a monitor and a speaker so that everyone in the room can hear. It is very simple to use and can be set up very quickly.
As of September 25th we have raised $1369, and we could use your help reaching our goal. Every donation helps whether it is $500, $50 or $5.
If you would like to help contribute you can donate to The Commons through:
- Online Donation: CLICK HERE for info on how to donate using CanadaHelps
- Cheque: CLICK HERE for instructions.
- Cash: Just put the money in an envelope and put your name and address on it so we can give you a tax receipt. Money can be given to anyone on our leadership team (Jeanette Eby, Krista Vanderhout, or Randy Neudorf)
Thank you for supporting The Commons!