We aren’t a church of programs, we are a church of people. As I was looking at our website this sometimes means it looks like we don’t have a lot going on. That just isn’t true, it is just all happening a little under the radar and on the ground.
If you want to get a sense of the people I would suggest checking out a few Instagram Pages that tells some of our story. You might want to check out:
- The Commons’ Page: https://www.instagram.com/commonshamilton/
- FortElgin (community focused home): https://www.instagram.com/fortelgin/
- Randell Neudorf (musician, artist, pastor): https://www.instagram.com/randell.neudorf/
The one official program is our Sunday Gatherings. Coffee and snacks are served at 4pm, and the Worship Gathering starts at 4:30pm. We meet in the community room at St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church on the corner of Wilson & Hughson.
For all of January and February we are going to be looking at stories of the early church from the Book of Acts and what they might mean for us today.
- Stories of Money Problems.
- Stories of trying to figure out what God is up to. Learning to listen for that mysterious voice of the Holy Spirit.
- Stories of Culture Shock.
- Stories of Subverting the Systems of Empire.
One of our core values is “Story Honouring.” We would love to hear more about your own story. Even if you don’t want to stay for the whole gathering feel free to drop by and grab a coffee and say hello.