The plan is to be:
- IN the Moment
- IN Community
- IN Anticipation of Christmas
What to expect:
- Unplugged Christmas Carol Jamboree & Singalong: Each week the band & choir will be whoever shows up. Bring an acoustic instrument or grab one or ours and join on IN.
- Candle Lighting & Storytelling: The 4 traditional themes for the advent season are Hope, Love, Joy, and Peace. Each week one person from GreenHouse and one person from The Commons will share a short story related to the theme. They will then light the advent candle IN community together.
- Hands On Learning: Part of being INtergenerational is really trying to INcorporate multiple learning styles and ways to participate. Every gathering is going to have a section that needs you to participate. You might get a chance to build a nativity scene, make some christmas decoration or even be a character in a play.
- Contemplation & Reflection: The Christian tradition is rich with practices that are used to slow down and listen to God. Each week we are going to borrow one of these practices to be present IN the season advent. We may use a celtic liturgy one week and then a monastic spiritual practice the next week.
Location: 128 Hughson St. N. in the Hooper Law Building.
Time & Dates:
- Sunday, November 27th – 6pm
- Sunday, December 4th – 6pm (Table Liturgy Meal)
- Sunday, December 11th – 6pm
- Sunday, December 18th – 6pm
- Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24th – 6pm
- Christmas Day – No Gathering on December 25th.
- Sunday, January 1st – 6pm – Potluck Supper
- Sunday, January 8th, 6pm – Regular Gatherings Resume