Advent is a season of RISK. At The Commons we we are going to try and plug into that ADVENTurous spirit each week with:
- Unplugged Christmas Carol Jamboree & Singalong: Each week the band & choir will be whoever shows up. Bring an acoustic instrument or grab one or ours and RISK joining on in.
- Candle Lighting & Storytelling: The 4 traditional themes for the advent season are Hope, Love, Joy, and Peace. Each week someone will take the RISK of sharing a story related to one of our themes.
- Hands On Learning: We like to RISK getting our hands dirty. Each week we will be making some art to add to our collective Christmas tree.
- Reflection: Some of us have RISKED experiencing Christmas in new ways (sometimes even outside our own culture). We will reflect on how our traditions impact our experience of finding Jesus in the Christmas season.
Time & Dates:
- Sunday, December 3rd – 6pm – RISKING HOPE
- Sunday, December 10th – 6pm – RISKING PEACE
- Sunday, December 17th – 6pm – RISKING JOY
- Christmas Eve – Sunday, December 24th – 6pm – RISKING LOVE
- Early New Years Eve Potluck Supper – Sunday, December 31st, 6pm-8pm
Location: 128 Hughson St. N. in the Hooper Law Building.
Accessible Entrance located at the back door.